Our recommendations of holiday beauty gifts for your favourite frequent flyers.
#1 For the business traveller
Pick items that set the stage for comfort in a home away from home. Some ideas: a candle in their favourite scent, fancy toothpastes, and a pillow sprays to temper the jet lag.
1. ThisWorks Seventh Heaven Mini Deep Sleep Pillow Sprays, USD 23
2. Coqui Coqui Flor de Mayo candle, USD 75
3. Omorovicza Blue Diamond Eye Cream, USD 230
4. Lebon Holiday Gift Box, USD 34
5. Tata Harper Stella Bundle, USD 228
6. NuFace Trinity Facial Toning Device, USD 325
#2 For the cultural connoisseur
So they travel for the museums, niche music festivals, and a restaurant from Chef’s Table. Try a gift of arty holiday makeup, select beauty brands and locally-made finds to delight.
1. Kosas Color & Light Palette in Helios, USD 34
2. Mason Pearson Brushes Pure Bristle Handy B3, USD 136.68
3. Gofun Nail by Ueba Esou nail polish in Menou & Suhana Sakura, USD 14.34 and USD 16.73
4. Disciple Skincare Dreamy Skin Retinyl Oil, approx. USD 40.81
5. Pat McGrath Labs BlitzTrance Divine Lipstick Duo in Ruby, USD 65
#3 For the sustainability minded eco-traveller
Recyclable packaging, responsibly-sourced organic ingredients and brands that go above and beyond? Just deciding what to buy for your earth goddess friend is a feel good experience.
1. Aromatherapy Associates Revive Body Brush, USD 32
2. RMS Beauty Signature Set face palette in Mod Collection, USD 44
3. Vapour Organic Beauty Siren Lipstick in Chere, USD 25
4. Dr. Hauschka Rose Nurturing Body Oil, USD 29
#4 For the recharge retreater
Extend their zen with a neroli and sandalwood candle and the plushest yoga mat imaginable. Comforting salves and a delectable mist round out the self-care package.
1. Holistic silk yoga rug, approx. USD 244
2. Herbivore Botanicals Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist, USD 32
3. Ariel Gordon Jewellery x Le Feu de L’Eau Lucky Charm Candle, USD 88
4. Aesop A Curious Connection Gift Set, USD 115
Read also: Gift guide for her: Christmas gifts for the jet-setter
#5 For the thrill seeker
Even on holiday, you’ll hardly catch one of these lounging. Rafting on Rishikesh rapids, maybe, or crossing the Gobi desert. Adventure travelers pack light, so stuff their stockings with absolute essentials only.
1. Erno Laszlo Sea Mud Deep Cleansing Bar, USD 38
2. Malin+Goetz Hair Essentials Duo Set, USD 12
3. Kiehl’s Creme de Corps 75ml, USD 11
4. Bare Republic Mineral SPF 50 Sport Sunscreen Stick, USD 10
5. Patagonia Black Hole Cube 2L, USD 29
#6 For the sun-worshiper
Beach holidays call for cooling spritzes, party-ready glitter and SPF in every format available. Oh, and a cute hair tie-bracelet hybrid!
1. Clinique Virtu-Oil Body Mist Broad Spectrum SPF30, USD 34
2. Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Crush Body Fragrance Mist 90ml, USD 19
3. Lemonhead LA SpaceJam in Seapunk and Melrose, USD 28
4. Gemtye Blue Island hair tie stack, USD 27
5. Suntegrity Impeccable Skin Broad Spectrum SPF30 sunscreen, USD 55
#7 For the snowbound skier
Snag a candle or three to keep your loved one warm and cozy, and nourishing balms to soothe their dry winter skin. We can’t think of nicer après-ski treat.
1. First Aid Beauty Skin Summit Holiday Kit, USD 48
2. Kate Somerville Dry Skin Saver moisturiser, USD 48
3. Neom Scents of Wellbeing travel candle set, approx. USD 57.33
4. Rodin Lip Balm, USD 36
#8 For the weekend jetsetter
Mask capsules and all-in-one hair kit sets means packing is easy. Likewise, a slap-on-and-go base and powerful travel hairdryer carves out more time for sightseeing.
1. SK-II Overnight Miracle Mask, USD 105
2. R+Co Deep End Holiday Kit, USD 49
3. Chanel Boy de Chanel Foundation, USD 65
4. Ghd Flight Travel Hair Dryer Gift Set, USD 99
Read also: 14 incredible Christmas trees around the world you can visit in 2018